Terms & Conditions
The L Factor, will only use DVSA Approved, fully qualified Driving Instructors.
The driving instructor will provide the requisite training as per the Syllabus as laid out by the driving standards Agency (DVSA).
- Before the course commences pupils must have paid the course price in full and produced a valid UK/Northern Ireland Full/Provisional category B driving license If a photocard license is held then this must be produced. If an older paper license is held then you must produce a valid passport as photograph identification.
- Pupils must meet the minimum eye test requirements. You must be able to read a number plate 79.4mm high and at a minimum distance of 20.5 meters. (67 feet). If you wear glasses /contact lenses then you must wear them whenever you drive.
- In the unlikely event of a practical test not being available by the DVSA the L Factor Driver Training will book an appointment for you at a reasonable time period. The L Factor Driver Training cannot be held responsible for the availability or cancellation of tests by the DVSA.
- Any claims for compensation for cancellations should be made direct to the DVSA.
- Pupils must treat the training vehicles with respect and consideration at all times. Any willful or malicious damage must be paid for in full.
- Pupils must not be found to be under the influence of drugs/alcohol during the training. In the event of there being any signs of drugs/alcohol misuse the L Factor Driver Training will withhold the use of the training vehicle for use of tuition or Driving Test until the pupil is in a legal and fit state to drive. Any prescribed medication that may effect your driving should be declared to the DVLA medical board.
- Pupils must maintain the hotel accommodation in an acceptable condition. Any malicious damage will be paid for.
- Any abusive conduct either physical or verbal towards instructors, staff, hoteliers or fellow pupils will not be tolerated and will result in the termination of your course.
- Any motoring offences committed whilst driving one of our vehicles remain the responsibility of the pupil.
- We require a minimum of four weeks notice for cancellation of driving course for a refund of any monies paid excluding test fees already paid to the DVSA.
- The L Factor acts as an agent to your Self employed driving instructor. Your instructor is charged a weekly amount for the pupils provided by The L Factor.
- All courses include only 1 theory and 1 practical test fee.
Any breaches of these terms and conditions may result in the immediate termination of the training course with no refund.
*Should the Pupil fail to reach a satisfactory standard of driving and is likely to be a danger to other road users, or is in an unfit condition through substance or alcohol abuse, the ADI has a responsibility to the DVSA examiners not to allow the use of the training vehicle for the purpose of the Driving Test. This is in the interest of the pupil, the examiner and other road users and is a precautionary safety measure. Driving Standards Agency guidelines do not allow for a pupil to take a practical test just for the experience.